Friday, August 15, 2014

WORK

     I admit it.  I don't like that word.  I REALLY like my summer care free life but all good things must come to an end.  And although I don't like 'work', I do love my job.  This week I have gone in every day to get things ready.  My kitchen table is overflowing with paper and my spare bedroom full of boxes.  Here are some pictures of the progress I've made.



     I've had a chance to meet some of the new Wyman staff..........fabulous people and we are lucky to have them on board.

    THIS is the most exciting school story I have so far.  There is a big window in the hallway outside of my classroom.  I noticed something stuck on the outside of it.  (OUTSIDE being the most important word of that sentence.)  Upon further investigation, it was a BAT.  Sound asleep in the  middle of the day on the window screen.  Here are some pictures.
From the inside looking out

From the outside looking in
     Miss Ginger our new, super awesome custodian took the outside picture.  I wasn't going to get that close.  Believe it or not, he was cute, about the size of a tennis ball.  Miss Ginger and I called him our pet and I named him Stellaluna.  If you haven't read that book yet, no worries we will this year.  The next day he was gone.  He must have found a darker, more appropriate place to sleep the day away.

      I'm off to school again this morning to cross more things off my to do list.  The weekend is supposed to be wonderful (and I've got Sox tickets) so I'll be back in my summer care free zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment