Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Back in Full Swing

     Welcome back.  I hope everyone had a wonderful vacation.  Although I didn't go away, I had lots of fun with my boys.  All the students seem to be well rested and back into the routine, which is good because we are busy, busy, busy.

     We have been reading more Froggy books by Jonathan London.  We read some before vacation and LOVED them so I went to the library and stocked up.  We have TONS and the children are begging me to read them.

      We also got some really exciting news today.  My great friend is a second grade teacher in South Carolina (which is why I "allowed" my daughter Kaycie to go to Clemson because I knew my friend could be there if needed-I actually narrowed her out of state search to the Carolinas ) and her class has agreed to be our PEN PALS.  The children are EXCITED and we are going to start writing ASAP.  I promised that our letters would be ready to mail by the end of next week.  YIPPEE

     February is almost over.  That means spring is just around the corner.  Tomorrow we have library so remember to return those books.  The talent show is this Friday and my understanding is that we have some VERY TALENTED second graders performing.  I'm super excited for that.  Next Wednesday, March 6th, is walking Wednesday, lets win that trophy back.   Friday, March 8th, is our field trip.  We will be back in time for lunch so nothing special needs to be done there.  March 14 is a half day, so mark those calendars.

     As always, never hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns.  Parent/teacher communication is essential and never a bother.


No comments:

Post a Comment