Monday, September 16, 2013

Full Swing

     We are in full swing.  I have so much to write about, that I just don't know where to begin.  This week is going to be crazy.  Tuesday is Election Day, because of this the students will have lunch in the classroom with a limited sandwich menu.  The students actually had to order their lunch this morning.  Wednesday is a half day.  Dismissal will be at 12:30 and lunch will be early.  Thursday from 6-8 is back to school night.  I hope to see everyone there.  Friday is pajama day.  For a $1 donation, students may wear their pj's to school (keep in mind that we will still be going out for recess).  The monies earned will be donated to help beat breast cancer.  We are collecting can goods until this Friday.  The cans will be used to make a fortress at the high school, then will be donated to Social Concern.  Two senior boys took on this inititive.  LOVE THAT!!!

     In the computer room today we first did xtramath, then visited this fun game-click here.  It was from the brainpop jr site (you do not need to log into the site).  We will check out some of their other games this week.  I have a link to that site on my sidebar.  Most of the children really enjoyed it.

     You'll notice that our homework was stepped up just a bit.  It still should be completed easily by your child independently (except maybe the bottom of the first page) let me know if you have problems.

     In writing we will be writing about our classmates using the 5W's to gather and organize our details.
 
   
     We will be reading Poppleton books all week.  In today's story, Poppleton ate grapefruit and his lips turned "outside in".  Some of the children have never tried grapefruit.  Consider picking some up for a taste next time you go shopping.


  I read My Brother Charlie to the class today.  Well............I attempted to read it.  I needed to have Miss Davis finish it for me.  It's a touching (not sad) story about Charlie who is autistic and how he relates to his family.  It's written beautifully and if you haven't heard by now I cried.  It won't be the last time.  I'm a softie, can't help it.  Happy endings-tears, sad stories-tears, sappy comercials-tears, Disney movies-tears, old-timers sitting at Fenway Park with scorecard and glove-tears (boy do I love seeing that).  I've ALWAYS been this way, it's just who I am.  The kids, of course, thought it was hysterical.  The good news is that they are super motivated to read the story again..........hmmmmm, I wonder why??

math soring game

No comments:

Post a Comment