Friday, February 7, 2014

Money Money Money

     I have a love/hate relationship with money.  Of course, I love when my pockets are full and hate when they are a bit thin.  But more so, I HATE teaching it.  HATE HATE HATE.  It's a skill that students need to have real life experiences with or they have the hardest time picking it up in class.  By second grade, your child should be able to easily identify each coin and know it's value.  If you child isn't quite there yet, PLEASE practice at home.  We are starting to count up coins in class.  Have your child play with money at home.  Empty out their piggy banks and see how many different ways they can make $1.00.  They need real, hands on money experiences to really understand and be successful.  (I will be writing exactly the same thing shortly with telling time-PRACTICE AT HOME).  IXL.com has second grade money practice online available to your student.

     We have been studying penguins all week.  I've been calling it Penguinpalooza.  It's been lots of fun.

     My mom, Kaycie and I went out last night for a girls night.  We went to dinner in the Seaport district, Salvatore's, YUM, and then PAINT NITE in the restaurant.   SOO FUN.  Keep in mind, I have not one lick of art talent, so I'm super impressed by how great my picture came out.



No comments:

Post a Comment