Thursday, October 18, 2012

PUMPKIN PATCH & GREEN DAY

     A special thank you to Mrs. Miller, who came to school on Wed. with pumpkins and decorating supplies for the WHOLE class to celebrate her daughter's birthday.  SUPER FUN.  Here a picture of our pumpkin patch.  
   Here is the picture of our planet paragraphs that I promised.
     I felt super special when a former student invited me to the Boys and Girls club for "Feature a Teacher" Day.  I got the grand tour from her (and a few others) a delicious cupcake, and a goodie bag that she made.  I was thrilled that she wanted to share all that with me.  The club seems like a VERY FUN place to be.

     Friday is Green Day.  Wear green to school on Friday and donate a dollar (or more) to support the family of Allen Fisher, whose life was tragically cut short when hit by a car after his son's football practice.  Such a heartbreaking story.

     On a lighter note, the children were asked to complete a sentence that started like this:    Things I like about our school ....... There was maybe one or two that liked the nice teachers.  Most kids wrote recess, lunch, gym, snack or something like that.  One boy went as far as listing it all.......health, art, gym, library and music.  EVERY SUBJECT THAT I DON'T TEACH.  My feelings were hurt for a second but I'm POSITIVE  it was just an oversight.

No comments:

Post a Comment