Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Report Cards-DONE!!

     PHEW, that is my sigh of relief.  I have submitted our report cards.  I'm telling you it is no easy feat.  I agonize over every bit of it.  I love to celebrate successes.  I'm your child's biggest cheerleader, besides you of course, and the way the report cards are set up don't always allow for that and it pains me.  But they are DONE and I feel a weight lifted.

     We have started reading Native American/Thanksgiving stories.  On Friday we read The Legend of Bluebonnet right before dismissal.  One student was so moved by the story that she was talking about it as soon as she came into class TODAY, four days later, and just HAD to read it again.  I even saw her writing about it WITHOUT BEING TOLD.  I'm telling you it's a teacher's dream.  Another student illustrated Scaredy Squirrel for me over the weekend.  They are motivated-LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.

     We will be continuing with the Thanksgiving theme straight on to next week.  We will even be reading some legends from the Aberjonian Indians about Horn Pond and Rag Rock.  Here is our bulletin board about what we are thankful for.  FYI, I threatened "no being thankful for video games" before they started.

     Wednesday is fitness day.  I'm not 100% sure what that means but I know that the WHOLE school is going to be active from 11-11:30.  I guess I'll HAVE to wear sneakers and gym pants.  YIPPEE.

    A special CONGRATS to the Redskin flag football team for winning the Super Bowl over the weekend.  The team was fantastic and they deserved to win.  YAY REDSKINS

   

No comments:

Post a Comment