Monday, January 21, 2013

Animal Habitat Projects

     Tuesday we will start our animal habitat projects.  The details will be coming home tomorrow so I won't go into them here.  Your child should come to school tomorrow with a few different animals he/she's interested in.  Keep in mind that your child should pick a specific animal.  So instead of "snakes", he/she should pick "cobras".  Hopefully we will have 14 different animals.  When researching your animal, please have your child write facts in complete sentences that are kid friendly.   For example, Cobra is the common name for members of the family of venomous snakes, Elapidae, known for their intimidating looks and deadly bite  isn't very friendly but could be rewritten in language the class would understand.  Also, we will be taking our fact sheet and turning it into paragraphs in class.  So keep it simple, and stick with the important/exciting facts.

     I have to admit, I have an addiction.  I am addicted to reading teacher blogs on the internet. I read one, which leads me to another, then another and it's interfering with my everyday life.  Laundry is piling up and I'm falling behind on my sleep (which for me is NEVER a good thing).  Here is one that I've shared before and I have to share again, technology rocks. seriously.  Click here to find TONS of links to online valentine fun.

     Tough loss for the Patriots.  I would have loved to cheer them on in the Superbowl but a brother/brother coach match up is pretty exciting.  I wonder what team their mom will be cheering on?  We are still Souper Bowling in class so keep those can goods coming.  It feels good to help those in need.

PS  I think 3 day weekends are perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment