Friday, October 18, 2013

Busy Bee

     Today was my last workshop.  This one I was the presenter at, which I was super excited to be asked to do.  It went great but sucked quite a bit of my "home" time for prep.  Which is why it took so long for this post-Sorry.

     This was a nice short week.  We have spooked out some of our lessons.  Here we brainstormed adjectives to describe this house and then wrote a story about it.

      It's hard to see here, but the children wrote antonyms on the bat's wings to decorate our hallway.


      These ghosts are greeting people using quotation marks.

      We searched the room for some fact family cards.
 
    Math word problems have been driving the students MAD.  I'm telling you, I have heard more than my share of WHINING.  The problems are tricky, but I am encouraging the children to try, try, try.  It's OK to make mistakes but never give up.  Their little math minds are being pushed to the limit and I LOVE it.  "Remember, walking was tough when you first learned."

     Best of all we had a new student for Red Sox day!


     Enjoy the weekend!!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment