Thursday, October 10, 2013

Frog and Toad

     It's been a bit of a fragmented week for me.  I attended a workshop on Fundations (our phonics program) on Wednesday and a math workshop today.  Both were great and I came away with strategies that will make me EVEN MORE dynamic than I already am....hard to believe I know.  But seriously, I got some great tips that I'm looking forward to implementing.  One thing that was STRESSED over and over was that the children NEED to be fluent in their addition and subtraction facts.  Xtramath will help with this.  Please be sure your child has some time to log on at home.  Remember, it is part of their homework.

     We have been meeting in small groups to read Frog and Toad chapters.  The students then discussed each chapter to find the beginning, middle and end.  We focused on looking for the main idea, not every little detail.

     In math, we worked with tens and ones and talked about place value as well as fact families.

     Our class is super excited because there will be no spelling test next week.  We reached our goal of 30 cans in only 4 days.  I'm sure many Woburn families are grateful for your generosity.

     We checked out SpellingCity in the computer room.  You can search for our class lists by my last name and the children can play games with their spelling words.  It helps if they have the list in front of them for some of the games.  You should check it out at home.

    Clemson/BC this weekend......can I get a Tiger Roar???  Also, look for me at the Sox game Sat. night if you watch the game.  I'll be the tiny fan waayyyyyyyyyy in the back cheering loudly.

     Here are a few pictures of our week in review.


MATH GAMES



    ANTONYM SORT


HAT DAY



COOL STUFF KIDS DID WITHOUT ME ASKING  <3










No comments:

Post a Comment