Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Day One

Phew, we made it through the day.  I seriously had doubts that I would when I woke up this morning. It's not easy getting back in the swing of things.

We had a GREAT day!  We started with a simple connect the dots to break in our new crayons while we all got settled.  Then, we played a fun getting to know each other game.  We walked around asking each other questions to get our papers filled in.  Apparently, I'm the only one who wears glasses, so I initialed that box a lot.

We read First Day Jitters.  The story has a fun twist.  Although we read that story last year, I was surprised that not many students remembered the ending.  We then wrote a bit of what gives us the jitters.  We also wrote about some of our favorite things and brainstormed about second graders.

Luckily, the rain stopped in time for outdoor recess.  The students had gym and we went to the computer room. My students were the best fire drill practicers I've ever seen. There is also a rumor that we MAY have broken the world record for the quickest I have/who has game with 1 minute and 16 seconds.  Remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment