Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fools

     I made it through the day unscathed.  There were no fake bugs on my chair or any other April Fool shenanigans to get me.  I am thankful for that.

     Today we read my FAVORITE BOOK EVER, Ira Sleeps Over by Bernard Waber.  I just LOVE it.  Ira is going to his friend's house for his first sleep over party and is faced with a VERY TOUGH decision.  His sister makes matters worse though out the story.

     April is poetry month.  We will be reading and writing all sorts of poems in class.  Today we wrote poems titled Our Emotions.  Children should be finding and practicing a poem to present to the class as part of their homework.  We have PLENTY in class if your child cannot find one at home.  Each child is to practice reading it six times before they read their poem to the class.  He/she can read it to the same person more than once.

     Our field trip to the production of Henry and Mudge is Thursday.  Everyone is excited.  We will eat snack when we return from the theater around 11:30 so be sure to have a big breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment