Saturday, September 22, 2012

PICTURE DAY

     This Thursday is picture day.  You know what that means.  I'll oversleep and rush into school with bed head and yesterday's make-up on.  It aways seems to be the way.
     We just finished up a great week.  We have been reading Poppleton stories.  Ask your child to tell you what I love most about Poppleton and the Grapefruit.  I laugh every time I hear that story. Next week we will continue reading more stories from Cynthia Rylant (Poppleton's author).  We will read lots of stories from the Mr. Putter and Tabby series. We'll even become characters and read them as plays.  That always seems to be something my students have enjoyed.   She is also the author of the Henry and Mudge series, all easy to read beginner chapter books. We also plan on reading an Amber Brown book by Paula Danziger, another series that is at a reading level step above Cynthia Rylant's.  I have that book on CD so we may do some listening from that.
     I hope everyone is enjoying this blog.  My hope is that this blog will give you a peek at what is going on in class.  I know how frustrating it is, as a parent to ask "What did you do at school today?" and get the answer "nothing" or "I don't know".  Hopefully, this will give you and your student a springboard for some great conversations.  Happy first day of fall.  GO CLEMSON

No comments:

Post a Comment