Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Behavior Management

     Howdie!  I feel like I haven't been updating as much as I'd like.  I think with the nice weather and the boys sport schedule my free time is pretty much nonexistent.  I'm sure you all can relate to that.

     The newest thing going on in our classroom is our behavior management chart.  This was a necessity.  I'm not sure what happened after April vacation but I think there is a BAD case of spring fever going around.  I've been hearing more complaints and have come home with more headaches than I care to.  I was at the breaking point so we started a cloths pin chart.  The details were sent home in the report cards.  We have created a calendar (dated 2012 oops), for them to keep in their home folder and each afternoon they color the date with the corresponding color on the chart they ended the day with.

     Mrs. Zottoli also made us a "lunch sun".  If we earn 15 "rays" we get extra recess.  If we get a bad report, seats may have to be assigned in the lunch room.  I'm hoping we have some incentive to be the best we can be.

     We've been making and reading lots of graphs in class as well as working on our biographies.  They should be ready to go home to practice this week so we can present them Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of next week.  The students are encouraged to dress up as their characters.  This doesn't have to be elaborate.  It may just be a prop.  For example, an apple for Johnny Appleseed.  We also finished reading Horrible Harry and the Dragon War.  Be sure to ask your child what the war was all about.

     Friday is circus day!  Please pack a lunch and snack in two separate disposable bags.  If the weather is nice maybe we can picnic on City Hall Plaza.



No comments:

Post a Comment